[sane-devel] Questions on dust-removal and infrared support on Nikon

Laurent-jan ljm at xs4all.nl
Thu Apr 10 16:48:42 BST 2003

Hi,

I am using a nikon LS 2000 diascanner. I once had a working version
of dustremoval with this scanner, consisting of the old coolscan
backend, a specific version of xsane and a GIMP-plugin.

Although the new coolscan backend supports the IR-channel, I cannot
get this combination working again. So I have two questions:

1) The specific version of xsane required a #define SUPPORT_RGBA
The latest version does no longer compile if you do this. Is support
for this dropped? If not: I changed the following to get xsane
compiled: xsane-save.c, <distribution, >my changes.
3832c3832
<   else if (colors == 4) /* RGBA */
---
 >   else if (image_info.colors == 4) /* RGBA */
3836c3836
<     switch (bits)
---
 >     switch (image_info.depth)
3840c3840
<         for (i = 0; i < pixel_width*pixel_height*4; ++i)
---
 >         for (i = 0; i < image_info.image_width *
image_info.image_height*4; ++i)
3847c3847
<             if (x >= pixel_width)
---
 >             if (x >= image_info.image_width)
3856c3856
<                 gimp_pixel_rgn_set_rect(&region, tile, 0, y -
tile_height, pixel_width, tile_height);
---
 >                 gimp_pixel_rgn_set_rect(&region, tile, 0, y -
tile_height, image_info.image_width, tile_height);
3860c3860
<               gtk_progress_bar_update(progress_bar, (float) y /
pixel_height); /* update progress bar */
---
 >               gtk_progress_bar_update(progress_bar, (float) y /
image_info.image_height); /* update progress bar */

Is that sufficient or did I miss anything? Nothing needed in
xsane-gimp?

2)One of the things the coolscan2-backend is trying to do is
to incorporate dust-removal in the backend. I cannot find the
status of this. If needed, I can do some testing on the LS2000.

ljm

--
(c) ljm @ xs4all . nl.  No part of this copyright message may be
reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including