[sane-devel] Last call for new backends

Thomas Soumarmon soumarmt at nerim.net
Wed Apr 16 16:53:02 BST 2003

Hi Henning,

We had about 6 beta testers report. Some of them had problems for
installation, but once installed, none reported big bugs.
All of them installed on Linux.

Another point is that Martijn will be out for 10 days, and I won't be able to
help for an undetermined amount of time.

I would be in favour to add the backend to the release as it looks to work OK
on linux and therefore be useful to some people. And maybe, adding it to the
release would make more developpers help us in our effort on the backend.
A good thing would be to have it compiled only on Linux or explicitly "at the
risk of the user". Is there an option like --enable-hp5400 to the configure
script ?

I think you have all the points to decide whether to add it or not.
Maybe Martijn has more things to say ?

Thank you for your great work,

Thomas.