[sane-devel] How to scan both sides, grayscale 16 bits, multiple pages using Fujitsu fi-4120c?

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu Apr 24 20:52:02 BST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 02:02:27PM -0500, Peter Chen wrote:
> I read fujitsu.c and it said I need to call sane_start again to get the 2nd
> page, is that right?

Yes, that's the way how you scan multiple pages with SANE. And it
works this way with scanimage, scanadf and XSane with the ADF of my
Mustek scanner.

You still need some option to tell the backend that the ADF should be
used (e.g. option "source" = "ADF" instead of "flatbed").

Can you tell us what your actual problem is? You keep asking questions
but don't respond directly to answers.

Does something like

scanimage --source=ADF --batch --batch-count 3

work?

> And may I setup fi-4120c to GrayScale 16 bits? That's 256 levels, right?

16 bits = 2^16 = 65536. SANE does support 16 bits but as far as I can
see the fujitsu backend only supports 8 bits.

> Should I include fujitsu.h in order to use those fujitsu_options like
> MODE_GRAYSCALE and duplex_pipe, etc?

For connecting to a SANE backend you only need sane/sane.h. Look at
the SANE standard and the frontends on how to get/set options.

> Do I need to change the symbolic link libsane.so to fujitsu's so?

No. By default, libsane.so points to libsane-dll which loads all the
other backends dynamically. You can change this link for faster
scanners.

The fujitsu maintainers should correct me if I'm wrong somewhere :-)