[sane-devel] Coolscan dust-removal: error messages & fu-script

Laurent-jan ljm at xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 30 14:07:55 BST 2003

Laurent-jan wrote:
> Hi,

<...>

When scanning the IR channel via xsane as a GIMP-plug-in
> I use a batchscan, with two times the same area. After the
> first scan (the RGB-image) I get 4 error messages:
>
> Failed to set value of option green-gamma-table: Invalid argument
> (same for the other colors)
> and
>
> Failed to start scanner: Invalid argument
>
> The RGB-version of the image apears.
>
> I click away the messages, and restart a batchscan
>
> The IR-grayscale image apears, with an error-message:
>
> Failed to start scanner: Invalid argument
>
> There is some logic to the messages that I can understand,
> the IR being a grayscale. But it is not very userfriendly.

Eh, I'm afraid I was to focussed on using batchscan to get the
image at a single mouse-click.

Just clicking the scan-button twice works just fine, without
error messages.

Sorry 'bout that.

Maybe a hint for those who'll try my fu-script: play with
brightness/contrast on the IR-image to get a good dust-mask
that is a bit black&white.

ljm

--
(c) ljm @ xs4all . nl.  No part of this copyright message may be
reproduced, read or seen, dead or alive or by any means, including