[sane-devel] Xsane go.... -no go.... "Bugger!"

Frank Frank@snapafun.co.nz
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 18:20:20 +1200

Having followed the mailing list here to gain insight and knowledge to help me
get my scanner sailing, [ Both within Mandrake 9.0 and now 9.1 ], I now find
I need to seek your help with my Acer (Benq) 640U scanner and hope that this
is the place for my particular problem.

I have installed Mandrake9.1 three times so far [ Partitioning experiments ]
and each time my scanner is [ and still is ] recognized.

Then I went and replaced my second USB2 connected camera with a USB2 hub. I
noticed almost immediately that Linux-Mandrake did not prefer to have the
"Self" power enabled and worked better without that feature running. I did
not change the (First) USB2 connector and left the scanner connected to it
directly.

However I now have two problems.

1. The scanner light stays on all the time, even after a "Halt" and

2. Xsane [and other programs, eg. OOo1.1rc] can no longer access the
scanner.....

"Failed to open device 'snapscan:/dev/usb/scanner0'. Invalid argument."

Yes, things worked great before, even surviving my many re-installs.

As above, I hope this is the right place and regardless, any suggestions are
welcome. (Be as childlike as you care to, I do not mind, everything helps me
learn.)

Regards
--
Frank

Big or small, any challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.