[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1260 with the epkowa backend (iscan 1.5.2)

Florian Reichert florianr@gmx.net
Mon, 04 Aug 2003 18:36:47 +0200

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 21:18:20 +0300 (EEST), Timo Pylvänäinen
<pylvanat@cs.tut.fi> wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, Florian Reichert wrote:
>

>> But with iscan I can't use the TPU of my 1260 Photo in iscan any more.
>> Could it be, that something in sane changed, so that the iscan backend
>> doen't detect the scanner in a propper way?
>
> It might not be a question of incorrect detection. If you look at the
> source code of Iscan, you'll find that Perfection1260 and GT-7300 seem
> to be handeled in exactly the same way every step of the way.

Hmm but was that the same way in 1.4.x? My scanner (and the TPU) worked
with that Version ... Why does 1.4. now don't use the TPU? Thats why I
think it could be because a change in sane and not in iscan ...

1.4. doesn't tell you the name of the scanner it found. So I don't know
wether it was detected as GT7300 as well.  May be, that the GT7300 is the
same model with other name as the Perfection 1260, But the 1260 PHOTO
should be a diferent one ...

Now I found Information about GT 7300: http://www.i-love-
epson.co.jp/products/scanner/gt7300u/7300u1.htm but I can't read it. But it
seems to be the same Scanner. But why doesn't the TPU work then?

O.K. So far thank you for any help!

Regards Florian