[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 1260 with the epkowa backend (iscan 1.5.2)

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 17:47:35 -0400

All EPSON scanners have at least two different names: One for the
Japanese/Asian market, and one for
the rest of the world. In the past they also had a different name for
devices sold in Europe.

The scanners are identical, but the box and the label on the scanner
show the different names. In your
case, the scanner is sold as GT-7300 in Japan, and as Perfection 1260
in all other places. Your  problems
with the TPU are not caused by this.

You can download IScan from
http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/linux_e/lsd_e.html