[sane-devel] Support for Mustek Paragon 600 II EP

James Perry jamesp@epcc.ed.ac.uk
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:18:04 +0100

> Cool. Can you put the program on a web site so we can link to it?

OK. It's not very well written, just a hacked together
C file that accesses the parallel port directly and
uses the Allegro library to save the image as a bitmap.
Lots of stuff is hard coded that shouldn't be. But I'm
happy to put it up somewhere if people want to see how
it works.

I don't have a copy here at work with me but I'll post
it somewhere when I get home and send the URL.

> The idea is ok. I guess it's better to use a new sanei file, e.g.
> sanei_mustek_parport instead of sanei_ab306 because the ab306 is the
> name of that 600 II N card and that would be confusing. But you should
> have a look at the existsing files in sanei, maybe you can use
> sanei_pio?

I had a quick look at the sanei_pio code. It looks quite
different from my code - it seems to access a '/dev/ports'
device, whereas I just used the ports directly. I don't
know much about parallel ports really, I just mimicked the
Windows driver. Anyway, I'll have a try at getting my
scanner to work with SANE.

Thanks,
James