[sane-devel] Mustek Paragon 600 II EP backend

Thu, 7 Aug 2003 14:17:37 +0200

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 07, 2003 at 12:30:02PM +0100, James Perry wrote:
> As requested I have put my standalone program
> for accessing this scanner on the web. You can
> find it at:
>
> http://www.epcc.ed.ac.uk/~jamesp/scanner.c

Thanks. I'll update the information in our lists.

Dou you know if the 600 II ED and 600 II EP are the same scanners? We
have them in the same entry on our lists.

> I have looked in detail at existing sane support
> for similar scanners, and I think a lot of the
> code can be reused. The high level protocol used
> by the 600 II EP is SCSI, very similar to the
> 600 II N's, so much of the code in mustek.c will
> be usable for this. The low level parallel port
> stuff in sanei_pa4s2.c also looks applicable to
> this scanner. I think I can make it work with
> small changes to these existing modules, and a
> new module (say mustek_scsi_pp.c or something) to
> connect them together.

Ok, that sounds reasonable. You could also look inside the scanner if
the chip used has a "nice" name. That's why sanei_pa4s2 is called
pa4s2 or the BearPaw 1200F backend is called "ma1509".
But mustek_scsi_pp.c is also ok.

> Should I be working with the sane-backends-1.0.12
> package or is there a CVS repository somewhere
> with more up-to-date development code in?

There is a CVS server at cvs.hungry.com, but unfortunatally, there is
no anonymous access. But you can get a daily snapshot from
http://sane.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/anoncvs/ .

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for your work!