[sane-devel] How to increase the Color

stef stef-listes@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:13:45 +0000

On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 09:50:30AM +0530, aneesh m raj wrote:
> HI all,
> Im using UMAX 2000p scanner and Im writing a frontend, how can i increase or decrease the color. I have noticed an options gamma-table,red-gamma-table,blue-gamma-table and green-gamma-table which has a size of 1024 each with value range 0 to 255. Do I have to assign all  the SANE_Word with the expected value(ie all the 1024/SANE_Word ). Will it be enough if I assign the value only to the gamma-table or do i have to assign the values to all the red,blue and green gamma-tables.
> Thanks
> Aneesh

	Hello,

	gamma tables are 256 SANE_Int values wide, and values must range from 0 to
255. The gamma-table is for grey scans, and the three others for color scans. So
you'll have to assign values according to the scan you are doing.
	The default gamma tables are fine, and you can get good scans without using
gamma tables.

Regards,
	Stef