[sane-devel] Scanner not detecting

stef stef-listes@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 21:27:14 +0000

On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 06:35:58PM +0530, aneesh m raj wrote:
> Stef,
> I have changed the umax_pp.c to accept the gamma settings and reinstalled sane but now the scanner is not detected by scanimage but when I use umax_pp -p -t 1 the scanner is detected.I have checked whether umax_pp is commented out ind dll.conf but it is not commented.
> Thanks
> Aneesh

	OK,

	it hapenned to me again this morning. When I run xscanimage or xsane
in the directory where I built the backends, the scanner isn't detected. I have to change to some other directory first.
	In case of persistent problem do 'export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX_PP=255' and
run any frontend. You will have some debug messages that will (hopefully)
explain what's going on.

Regards,
	Stef