[sane-devel] problem setting custom resolution

Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:24:55 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 04:23:17PM +0530, aneesh m raj wrote:
> This is the resolution range value
> Rang min:4915200
> Range max:78643200
> This is in FIXED format when I UNFIX it I''l get 75 and 1200

Ok.

> The user will set the resolution in UNFIXED form  in the range 75 to 1200
> When I set the resolution I'll convert the value by
> if (opt->type == SANE_TYPE_FIXED)
>     d = strtod (option, &end) * (1 << SANE_FIXED_SCALE_SHIFT);

If d is of type SANE_Int that looks correct. At least if the
conversion from the option string is ok. Double-check if no call to a
SANE API function results in an error.

> I'm I doing right....the problem is the scanner wont scan...seems like it is
> getting jammed.

No error message? Enable debugging in the umax_pp backend (setting
SANE_DEBUG_UMAX_PP=255 should work) and show us the output.

Setting the same resolution with scanimage works?