iscan compile problems on Mandrake 9.1 (was Re: [sane-devel] (no subject))

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@zen.epkowa.co.jp
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:08:51 +0900

On Sat, Aug 23, 2003 at 03:17:45PM +0200, Florian Reichert wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:26:22 +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf@epkowa.co.jp>
> wrote:
>
> >On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 02:23:10PM +0200, florianr@gmx.net wrote:
> >
> >>make[1]: Entering directory `/root/iscan-1.5.2/frontend'
> >
> >Gack!!  Am I right in thinking that you build your sources are root in
> >root's home directory?  You're better of building as a normal user and
> >only switch to root for the installation.
>
> No You are wrong :) The tarball is in root's home directory, but the
> compiling is done by a normal user, because my /home was damaged in that
> moment. I kno wthat is not verry well done, but I think on a single user
> maschine ....

Even on a single user machine, I prefer not to shoot myself in the foot
:-)
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                            EPSON KOWA Corporation, ECS
Penguin's lib!       -- I hack, therefore I am --               LPIC-2