[sane-devel] Re: algun OCR

T. Ribbrock emgaron@gmx.net
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:03:06 +0200

Not that I understand much, but I think I get the gist of the
content...

On Thu, Aug 28, 2003 at 10:10:02AM +0200, fsanta wrote:
> On Thursday 28 August 2003 04:24, gabriel wrote:
> > algun programa OCR en linux y como configurarlo ???
> >

> Pues hay kooka y gocr. En la: http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32641 se

That link gets a "file not found".

> comparen las ventajas de cada paquete. Personalmente prefiero kooka ya que
> tengo instalado kde y no hay que configurar nada.

I'd also like to recommend Clara OCR as an OCR program. Quite a bit
better than gocr in my opinion, despite a slight tendency to crash.
It's got an excellent learning algorithm. See:

http://www.claraocr.org

Cheerio,

Thomas
                Thomas Ribbrock    http://www.ribbrock.org