[sane-devel] Epson CX5200 not detected with sane-find-scanner

Jeff Courtade jeff at courtade.net
Tue Aug 5 16:51:16 BST 2003

Yes it does detect it twice

When I set the debug I do not get any additional info

jeff at humdinger:~$ export SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255
jeff at humdinger:~$ sane-find-scanner

Jeff Courtade

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that
  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x0801) at /dev/usb/scanner0
found USB scanner (vendor=0x04b8, product=0x0801) at libusb:001:004
  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

  # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
can't be
  # detected by this program.

  # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once you
  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
  # necessary.
jeff at humdinger:~$ sudo scanimage -L