[sane-devel] Support for Mustek Paragon 600 II EP

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Aug 6 14:22:43 BST 2003

Hi,

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 02:18:04PM +0100, James Perry wrote:
> I had a quick look at the sanei_pio code. It looks quite
> different from my code - it seems to access a '/dev/ports'
> device, whereas I just used the ports directly.

/dev/ports is the Linux way to access the parallel port directly.
Another way is to use inb/outb but I think that will workn on the x86
platform only. sanei_ab306.c tries both ways and on first sight,
sanei_pio does, too.

I guess the most portable way is to use libieee1284, if available. See
sanei_pa4s2 for an example.