[sane-devel] lamp on Epson Perfection 1650 never turns off]

Karl Heinz Kremer khk at khk.net
Fri Aug 8 17:33:20 BST 2003

Forgot part of the answer:

The only commands that are used for USB scanners are:

usb <path to scanner device>
	e.g. usb /dev/usb/scanner0 to use a specific scanner device. THis mode
	is only available when the kernel scanner driver is used
usb
	This will use the libusb and will connect to any known EPSON scanner

usb <vendorID> <productID>
	This will use the scanenr specified by vendor and product IDs with
	the libusb.

So in your case, you can either use "usb /dev/usb/scanner0", or if
libusb
is installed just "usb"

Karl Heinz

PS: Is it possible that the mailing list is pretty slow today?