[sane-devel] [long] Want someone help me about Canon FS4000US USB/SCSI driver ?

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at buzzard.org.uk
Sat Aug 9 15:43:14 BST 2003

eric.bachard at free.fr said:
> Yes, my sentence wasn't correct. There's no free software supporting
> this scanner yet.  But I've forgotten to say I've already tested this
> software (Vuescan) and won't be able to do it work (with scsi bus).
> Vuescan don't even see it...So Money is not the problem here.

That is almost certainly a setup problem, and it will work under Linux
if suitably setup. If Vuescan cannot see it when attached to the SCSI
bus that you are definitely doing something wrong, probably permissions
and/or sg drive not loaded.

It would be instructive to get it working with Vuescan under Linux anyway,
so when you come to do a SANE backend you know that your problems are
with your code and not the configuration of the hardware.

JAB.

Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan at buzzard.me.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195