[sane-devel] Epson 1260 driven out-of-range by sane-plustek?

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard at gjaeger.de
Mon Aug 25 07:33:08 BST 2003

Hi,

On Sonntag, 24. August 2003 14:39, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
[SNIPSNAP]
> I'm definitely no expert on the Plustek backend, or the devices it
> supports, but I have an opinion anyway ;-)

any opionion is probably better than no opinion ;-)

>  From Michael's initial email, it sounds like this is not happening
> every time. This
> could be in indication that the problem is not the length of the scan
> area, but maybe
> a problem with the origin: If the scanner does not start at 0, then the
> 3508 steps maybe
> too many. When you bring the scanhead back to the zero position, is it
> possible that
> the scanner needs a little longer than you (or the software) expects it
> to take, and therefore the start scan command comes too early?

This should not be the problem. When homing the sensor, the ASIC is
programmed, that the ccd-sensor has to move back until the home-position
is reached...
The only thing I can imagine is, that there are some "round-up" problems in
the step-calculation routine...

I'll check this
  Gerhard