[sane-devel] Epson gt-8000 transparency experiment

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter@gmx.net
Mon, 01 Dec 2003 13:40:38 +0100

Bart Buitinga wrote:

> I think I'll just keep the GT-8000 for the countless things it's good
> at, and look for a more primitive one for this project.
>
> Thank you all for your attention and good luck with your project,

Try to get a (used) Epson Perfection 2450 Photo. It has a fixed TPU
light in its lid and one can easily remove the lid but keep the TPU
light plugged in. So if you have the lid at the side of the scanner with
the light side on the table you can scan available light, for example
from the photo magnifier. So you do not need to open the scanner or to
short-circuit any contacts. Put a screen on the top of the scanner glass
(A4-sized plastic sheet or glass diffusing screen) and it should work.

    Till