[sane-devel] Visioneer Onetouch 4400 USB (Visioneer/Primax Primascan Colorado 2600u, Memorex 6142u)

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 12:28:10 -0500 (EST)

--1386611826-2096140988-1070731690=:526

duh, forgot to attach log formatter...

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, m. allan noah wrote:

> keith, i dont like snoopypro, i prefer either the original (non-pro) or
> even better, SniffUSB.exe v1.8 from
> http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/index.php
>
> the latter is easier to install, and i like the debug log it makes better.
>
> you can cat the output from it into the attached perl script, which cleans
> things up some, though it does not deal with control packets fully...
>
> i usually work on adf scanners, which have alot of sensors and buttons,
> usually, so i test them by doing one thing at a time with a pause between
> each, ie: start sniffer, open lid, wait 15 seconds, close lid, wait, push
> paper sensor, wait, button1, wait, button2, etc. then i add paper to the
> scanner, and press the buttons again, etc.
>
> then you stare at the output for awhile, and try to find patterns.
>
> allan
>
> On Sat, 6 Dec 2003, Keith Watson wrote:
>
> > Ok, so I've grabbed a copy of SnoopyPro and installed it on Windows2000.  I've
> > opened the TWAIN interface got the scanner to scan an image.  SnoopyPro has
> > captured a load of things called URBs (what's a URB daddy?).
> >
> > Presumably I really should approach this methodically and perform a series of
> > smaller captures with each one addressing a specific operation. Is there any
> > material anywhere which covers this?  Failing that is anyone able to mentor me
> > through this? e.g. suggest what operations I need to capture and in what order?
> >
> > If someone could tell me what to do, I could then post the output somewhere so
> > that others more knowledgeable and able than me can look at them and perhaps
> > deduce what's going on.
> >
> > Keith

--1386611826-2096140988-1070731690=:526
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--1386611826-2096140988-1070731690=:526--