[sane-devel] Problems running saned from xinetd

Emmanuel Gravel e_gravel@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:57:50 -0800 (PST)

The scanner is fully installed and running (xsane shows incredible results),
and running saned from the commandline also works (saned -d), since I've been
able to scan from a Windows client. However, running from xinetd doesn't work
at all. From the commandline, I've run saned as root and as user saned (created
the user by hand, and made the shell be bash for su -, but /bin/false
otherwise) and the /dev/usb/scanner0 is set to group saned.

When running from xinetd, the server is listening (netstat -a shows a listener
at port 6566) and a telnet to that port is also accepted. However, it's
immediately dropped. scanimage -L (plus whatever else is necessary to connect
to saned, sorry, not at my system right now) works well when running saned
standalone, but does show the drop when running saned through xinetd. It always
properly shows the scanner through local connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks!