[sane-devel] Mustek 1200CP in sane 1.0.8 on SuSE 8.0

edg1@tiscali.be edg1@tiscali.be
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:35:38 +0100

george@blueyonderl.co.uk wrote:

> I'm new to SuSE 8.0 and sane 1.0.8. I have a Mustek 1200CP scanner which,
> I understand, is a CIS scanner.
>
> I understand that it is supported when a patch from Eddy deGreef is applied.
>
> My problems are three-fold.
> 1) I can't seem to find these patches.
> 2) I am unable to compile a later version, which does support the Mustek
> without patches, because I don't have enough room for the development
> tools (GNU Utils etc).
> 3) The only RPMs I can find are not for SuSE.
>
> Can anyone give me suggestions as to what to do?

You can find the last patch in http://home.tiscali.be/EddyDeGreef/Sane/new.
I don't remember exactly to what versions of Sane it does apply.
Older versions are still available in
http://home.tiscali.be/EddyDeGreef/Sane/old.

But I'm afraid you need to be able to compile sane to apply these patches
too. I don't have a SuSe box on which I could compile it for you.

Eddy De Greef

Tiscali ADSL: 12 maanden aan  29,50 €/maand! Snel Internet, en voor iedereen.
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=nl