[sane-devel] saned doesn't release the parallel port when finished

Tue, 16 Dec 2003 17:48:33 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 16, 2003 at 03:10:46PM -0000, Jim George wrote:
> Can anyone give me an idea what is going wrong?

> Dec 15 10:54:51 tassi saned[6609]: decode_handle: cancel: error while decoding handle argument (h=0, Success)

Ooops. That shouldn't happen. That lloks like a communication problem
betwwen the net backend and saned. Or something else disturbs the flow
of communication between saned and net. Such an error will end saned
so the backend may not be able to "close" the parport.

You have done a normal scan and have not cancelled it?

Can you please try the following: disable saned in inetd.conf, restart
inetd to apply that change, and start saned manually with debugging
enabled:

saned -d128

Please show us the output when you do a scan with scanimage.