[sane-devel] Acer Scanprisa 640P

Mon, 22 Dec 2003 15:27:45 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 02:36:59PM +0000, Flameeyes wrote:
> I have an Acer Scanprisa 640P and I wanted to use it with linux.
> I have found only informations about 640s (scsi) and 640u (usb), but nothing
> (good or bad news) about this one (that is the parallel version).

Our lists tell: "unsupported". But there are no details. Nobody seems
to have tried to find out more or write a backend.
http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=benq&model=640&bus=any

> I also tried to use it with wine, but seems have some troubles with ddes.
> Can anyone tell me what can I do?

I guess snooping the parport on WIndows is more complicated than USB
or SCSI. But basically, that's the way to if you can't get
documentation from the manufacturer.

Some hints on how to write a backend are on our website (contributing
section).