[sane-devel] MacOSX 10.3.2 and Fujitsu fi-4120C

avv.GiovanniRocchi avv.GiovanniRocchi
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:40:24 +0100

--Apple-Mail-1--541256425

Hi,
  I'm trying to use a Fujitsu fi-4120C on Mac OS X 10.3.2.
I downloaded the binaries of sane backends 1.0.13 and libusb 0.1.8=DF=20
from mattias ellert's webpage and installed them without problems.
I edited the Fujitsu.conf file as below:

# To search for all FUJITSU scsi devices
#scsi FUJITSU

# To use a specific scsi device
#/dev/sg1

# For Fujitsu scanners connected via USB on a known device (kernel=20
driver):
#usb /dev/usb/scanner0

# For Fujitsu scanners connected via USB using vendor and device ids=20
(libusb):
usb 0x04c5 0x1042
usb 0x04c5 0x1041

# To force the Fujitsu backend to treat all devices it finds as a=20
certain type:
#option force-model fi-4340Cdi

When I run sane-find-scanner the scanner is detected, this is the=20
output:

[PB17:~] grocchi% /usr/local/bin/sane-find-scanner -v

searching for SCSI scanners:
   # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make=20=

sure that
   # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

searching for USB scanners:
device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured
     Couldn't claim interface: usb_claim_interface: couldn't claim=20
interface
found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x04c5, product=3D0x1041, chip=3DGT-6816?) =
at=20
libusb:024:002
device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured
device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured
device 0x05ac/0x8203 is not configured
   # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be=20
supported by

   # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports=20=

can't be
   # detected by this program.

   # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once=20=

you
   # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as
   # necessary.

but if I try scanimage no sane device is detected whether I run the=20
commad as root or not, this is the output:

[PB17:~] grocchi% /usr/local/bin/scanimage -L

Anybody has an idea?

Thanks.

-----------------------------
Giovanni Rocchi
grocchi@studiolegalegrassi.it=

--Apple-Mail-1--541256425

Hi,

 I'm trying to use a Fujitsu fi-4120C on Mac OS X 10.3.2.

I downloaded the binaries of sane backends 1.0.13 and libusb 0.1.8=DF
from mattias ellert's webpage and installed them without problems.

I edited the Fujitsu.conf file as below:

<italic># To search for all FUJITSU scsi devices

#scsi FUJITSU

# To use a specific scsi device

#/dev/sg1

# For Fujitsu scanners connected via USB on a known device (kernel
driver):

#usb /dev/usb/scanner0

<bold># For Fujitsu scanners connected via USB using vendor and device
ids (libusb):

usb 0x04c5 0x1042

usb 0x04c5 0x1041</bold>

# To force the Fujitsu backend to treat all devices it finds as a
certain type:

#option force-model fi-4340Cdi

</italic>When I run sane-find-scanner the scanner is detected, this is
the output:

<italic>[PB17:~] grocchi% /usr/local/bin/sane-find-scanner -v

searching for SCSI scanners:

  # No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make
sure that

  # you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.

searching for USB scanners:

device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured

<bold>    Couldn't claim interface: usb_claim_interface: couldn't
claim interface

found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x04c5, product=3D0x1041, chip=3DGT-6816?) =
at
libusb:024:002</bold>

device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured

device 0x05ac/0x8005 is not configured

device 0x05ac/0x8203 is not configured

  # Your USB scanner was (probably) detected. It may or may not be
supported by

  # Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports
can't be

  # detected by this program.

  # You may want to run this program as root to find all devices. Once
you

  # found the scanner devices, be sure to adjust access permissions as

  # necessary.</italic>

<italic>

</italic>but if I try scanimage no sane device is detected whether I
run the commad as root or not, this is the output:

<italic>[PB17:~] grocchi% /usr/local/bin/scanimage -L

</italic>Anybody has an idea?

Thanks.