[sane-devel] Digital ICE support

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan@buzzard.me.uk
Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:41:05 +0000

ljm@xs4all.nl said:
> I recall that someone suggested that there should be something like a
> "mid-end" (like saned) that does the correction.  This would keep
> front-ends  simple and provide a moer uniform way to access  features
> like IR-correction.

While a "filmsane" front end is of course still welcome, one suspects
that a major motivational reason for writing it has just evaporated.

I was updating my copy of VueScan this evening when I noticed it is
now free for "personal use" on Linux. Also a handy solution if you
have a flat bed that Sane does not support.

JAB.

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195