[sane-devel] Using a remote scanner running on win98

Sat, 27 Dec 2003 00:48:10 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 26, 2003 at 03:41:24PM -0800, richard hebert wrote:
> well .. it had to get to this :)
> Got the wife a Epson 3200 flatbed/printer/copier.
> Of course being hers .. it's plugged right in her USB
> port and she's fond
> of it.To get printing from my comp to her's was a
> breeze.. but id like
> to use her scanner which is way more accurate than
> mine :)
>
> Now.. i dont know of a way to do this.Not sure it can
> be done either
> but im asking all the same.
>
> Is there somewhere a how-to for this ?
> Can this be done at all using SANE/XSANE  ?

The question is: Can TWAIN do this (as the scanner is running on
win98)? i don't think so.

SANE has been ported to win32, but I don't know how complete this port
is and if saned works on win32. If it does, there is still the
questions what happens if the scanner is accessd through saned and
TWAIN at the same time.

http://www.zago.net/sane/windows/sane_on_windows.html