[sane-devel] Cannot connect to saned

Hauke Coltzau king_django@gmx.de
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 17:26:37 +0100

Hi there,

I'm trying to configure saned to access my HP PSC 2110 from
both clients in my network. I'm using YaST on S.u.S.E. 9.0
to configure the client. When typing in the IP address of my
sane server (192.168.0.1), YaST tells my that no scanner was
found on this host.

On the other hand, the sane server itself seems to be fine,
since I can run scanimage -L on localhost and telnet to
port 6566 from both localhost and remote.

If I run saned in debug level 128, I can find following
lines telling me that saned grants access to my client but
then simply exits:

[saned] check_host: access granted from IP address ::ffff:192.168.0.2
(IPv4-mapped)
[saned] init: access granted
[saned] init: access granted to saned-user@::ffff:192.168.0.2
[saned] process_request: waiting for request
[saned] process_request: got request 1
[saned] process_request: waiting for request
[saned] process_request: got request 10
[saned] quit: exiting

I have no idea :-(

Hauke