[sane-devel] Epson GT-7400U not detected

Julian Gough gough@gsc.riken.jp
31 Dec 2003 09:09:56 +0900

On Wed, 2003-12-31 at 08:23, Karl Heinz Kremer wrote:
> The scanner uses three USB pipes: Two bulk pipes for input and output
> and one
> interrupt pipe. This means it's not a "standard" EPSON scanner (meaning
> that
> it cannot be supported by the EPSON backend). I don't know this device,
> it
> seems to be a new scanner.
>
> Maybe Olaf can shed some light on this.
>
> Karl Heinz

Under windows it is reported as an Epson Perfection 1270, and seems to
work, but the software is in Japanese.

I can see that the 1250 and 1260 use the plustek driver. I've configured
/etc/sane.d/plustek.conf as follows:
 [usb] 0x04B8 0x0120
 device auto

but still I get nothing detected. I can see no way to try to *force* the
plustek driver to be used so that I can see if it works.

Julian