[sane-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Support for Mustek Paragon 600 II EP added to Mustek backend

Julien BLACHE jb at jblache.org
Thu Dec 25 21:58:15 GMT 2003

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning at meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

Hi,

> It currently only works with direct hardware access. libiee1284 is not
> supported. If it's detected during configure stage, that scanner will
> not work. So for testing, disable libieee1284 (e.g. remove the header
> files) and run configure  --enable-parport-directio. If anyone has
> experience with libieee1284, could you try to add support to the three
> new functions in sanei_pa4s2.c? They all start like this
> sanei_pa4s2_scsi_pp.

Here's a first patch for libieee1284. It's quite easy to do as it's
very similar to the other functions in that file.

I have doubt about this line, in sanei_pa4s2_scsi_pp_get_status (end
of the function) :

  stat = inbyte1 (fd)^0x80;

inbyte1() is a macro, and when libieee1284 is in use, the value is
already XORed with 0x80. I don't know whether this is OK or not, so
someone should _really_ test that before it goes into CVS.

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb at jblache.org>                                  GPG KeyID 0xF5D65169