[sane-devel] OT: Scanning 6cm x 6cm Dias

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sun, 2 Feb 2003 08:49:45 -0500

--QTprm0S8XgL7H0Dt

The Perfection 2450 and the new 3200 are pretty good for scanning
negatives and slides. I actually prefer the scans from my 2450 to
the ones from my Canon FS4000. Especially if you have mid and large
format slides or negatives, using a flatbed is a much more cost
effictive solution, for large format you may not even be able to=20
find a dedicated film scanner (that is as long as we are not talking
about drum scanners). I know that a lot of professionals
use the Expression series of Epson scanners for this purpose.=20
As always, it's a tradeoff: The more expensive the scanner technology,
the more likely you are to get accurate scans. The cheaper the technology,
the more likely you are to do scans at home. Somewhere between the two
extremes a solution that works for you price wise and image quality wise.