[sane-devel] Hewllet Packard 4300c Scanner

Yago diazdeus@ono.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 16:18:41 +0100

Hi to all. I have an HP 4300c USB scanner and I know this scanner don't h=
ave=20
Linux support, also no SANE support.

Through the SANE Home Page links now I know that I need the "SANE backend=
s for=20
flatbed scanners with the NIASH chipset" for to work with my scanner. The=
=20
installation of this packet that suppose:

"In order to properly build SANE with the NIASH backend, you should remov=
e any=20
previously installed version of SANE and all related packages (thanks to=20
Harman Nagra for pointing this out)".

But if I want to remove my SANE packet (is the sane-backends-1.0.9-3.1mdk=
 and=20
sane-frontends-1.0.9-1.1mdk) I need to remove also this software:

libsane1-1.0.9-3.1mdk
libsane-devel-1.0.9-3.1mdk
xsane-0.90-1.1mdk
xsane-gimp-0.90-1.1mdk

And the dependencies that suppose remove also:

kdegraphics-3.0.3-11mdk
kdegraphics-devel-3.0.3-11mdk
kdevelop-2.1.3-6mdk
koffice-1.2-3mdk
koffice-devel-1.2-3mdk
koffice-i18n-es-1.2-1mdk

So I don't know if after to delete all this software I will to use KDE,=20
Koffice and some any other aplications with liasions with that ones.

I have a Mandrake 9.0 distro with 2.4.19 Kernel version with the USB modu=
le=20
charged at init (UHCI) and the sane-find-scanner returns that:

# No SCSI scanners found. If you expected something different, make sure =
that
# you have loaded a SCSI driver for your SCSI adapter.
found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x03f0, product=3D0x0305) at /dev/usb/scanner=
0
found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x03f0, product=3D0x0305) at /dev/usbscanner
found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x03f0, product=3D0x0305) at /dev/usbscanner0
found USB scanner (vendor=3D0x03f0 [Hewlett-Packard], product=3D0x0305=20
[Hewlett-Packard ScanJet 4300C]) at libusb:001:002
# A USB device was detected. This program can't be sure if it's really
# a scanner. If it is your scanner, it may or may not be supported by
# Scanners connected to the parallel port or other proprietary ports can'=
t be
# detected by this program.

I need help and I am new in all that Linux scanner stories . Thanks to al=
l.