[sane-devel] Artec Viewstation AT3 SCSI scanner

Tue, 4 Feb 2003 15:37:43 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:27:06AM +0000, Anders Drejer wrote:
> I am trying to make my Artec Viewstation AT3 scanner work on my Linux
> Mandrake 9.0. When I try to configure it with ScanDrake it find the
> scanner, but no driver (but there should be one according to the
> manual).
>
> sane-fins-scanner also finds the scanner (sane-find-scanner: found SCSI
> scanner "ULTIMA AT3     1.60 " at device /dev/sg1).
>
> Do I have to make some manual configurations or should ScanDrake do the
> work?

Scandrake is not part of SANE. What's the error message when you try
to actually use any of the sane frontends? E.g. is the scanner listed
by scanimage -L?

If it isn't, check that "artec" is in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf . If the
scanner is still not found, add /dev/sg1 to /etc/sane.d/artec.conf.

If that also doesn't work, show us the debug output from

SANE_DEBUG_ARTEC=255 scanimage -L