[sane-devel] xsane preview and scanning problem

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 21:31:11 +0100

There are several timing settings defined for the Astra 2400S.
You also have to use these settings for your vendor/model definition.
Take a look at umax.c and search for "Astra 2400S", near line 2817.

Please send umax-scanner.c to me then I will include your model
into the next sane release.

Best regards
Oliver

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 12:47, HoonKook Shim wrote:
> Hi to all. I am using PowerScanII of TriGem Corporation, a OEM product =
of
> Astra2400, a UMAX scanner. The only difference is the vendor and model
> name, therefore fully compatible with Umax scanner driver. There was no
> problem using the scanner on Windows platform using UMAX scanner driver=
s..
> VistaScan.
>
> Since the Sane doesn't support my scanner, I modified the sourcefile,
> 'umax-scanner.c' in backend directory, inserted "TriGem" and "PowerScan=
II"
> element to scanner_str[], and compiled it. And everything works fine.
> sane-find-scanner, scanimage, etc.
>
> The problem is that scanning procedure freezes when I try to scan image
> after scanning preview image. Each procedure works fine, i.e. I can sca=
> image without any problem if I do not use preview program-I mean when I
> scan whole area.. - and preview program works fine. But when I try to s=
can
> image after setting the scanning area in preview window, the scanner
> freezes and stops scanning. It looks like starting normally, but at the
> very point the scanner head starts to move, the blinking ready light go=
es
> off , and scanner freezes. It worked once, though, when the scanning ar=
ea
> is not off the top edge. But when I set the scanning area off the top e=
dge,
> the same thing occured. I'm suspecting it as a error occuring during
> cropping mechanism, or timing, something like that.
>
> Xsane program seems like waiting for scanner to complete the scanning
> process, so I have to halt it manually. But since then I couldn't do
> anything with the scanner because the sane couldn't fine the scanner
> anymore. I think that's because of the blacked-out ready lamp.
>
> So, what I wanna ask is two things..
>
> 1. How can I scan the image with the preview feature?
>
> 2. How can I set the scanner online again when it went offline?
>
> Thanks in advace for your patience of reading my poor English.

> =B5=F0=C1=F6=C5=BB =C4=AB=B8=DE=B6=F3=BF=CD =C2=FB=B6=B1 =B1=C3=C7=D5 -=
 =BE=DF=C8=C4! =BB=E7=C1=F8
> =B5=B7 =B5=C7=B4=C2 =C1=DF=B0=ED=C2=F7 =BC=EE=C7=CE=B8=F4 - =BE=DF=C8=C4=
! =C0=DA=B5=BF=C2=F7

--=20
http://www.xsane.org
http://www.mostang.com/sane