[sane-devel] SANE/Avision 2003-02-08-1127

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Sat, 08 Feb 2003 11:43:07 +0100 (CET)

Hi all.

***  Note: ***

This is only a quick release due to the "out of memory" or "segfault"
problems reported on sane-devel the last days.

PLEASE ONLY UPDATE TO THIS RELEASE IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR
CURRENT VERSION! If currently all works well for you, please WAIT for
the next MORE TESTED release !!!!!

*** Note end ***

First much thanks to Avisin INC - they sponsored an A3/ADF scanner
AV8000S for driver development!

And additional thanks to Matthias Wiedemann who managed to transport
his 7400 to Berlin! - Thanks!

Important: I'm currently only connected via an old v.90 modem using a
normal phone line. So please DO NOT send large image examples !!!

As usual: The program is distributed in the hope that it will be
useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
General Public License for more details.

ChangeLog:
   2003-02-08: Ren=E9 Rebe
         * first release using max_request_size limitting
   =

   2003-02-07: Ren=E9 Rebe
         * started max_request_size utilisation
   =

   2003-01-19: Ren=E9 Rebe
         * rewrote sense code handling
         * size optimisation of new sense code
         * media_check work

This backend version was ONLY verified to work on:
  HP Scanjet 5300

I'll also test/verify/implement ADF and transparency scans for 74xx
scanners as soon as possible.

Scanners I need feedback (with debugging information) are:
- HP Scanjet 5370 (broken in last release)
- Minolta Scan Dual II (broken in last release - worked in the past)

The web locations:

  - SANE/Avision homepage:
    http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/avision/

  - Sourcecode:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/src/

  - Patches:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/patches/

  - Incremental patches:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/patches/incremental/

  - Precompiled binary:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/patches/bin

  - Possible mirror sites:
    http://www.rocklinux.de/people/rene/sane/
    http://www2.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/

PS: If anyone from the various people does not want to get this email
notification or are listed twice, simply drop a mail in my inbox and
you will no longer get this status-mail ....

k33p h4ck1n6 and much fun - Ren=E9

-- =

Ren=E9 Rebe (Registered Linux user: #248718 <http://counter.li.org>)
e-mail:   rene.rebe@gmx.net, rene@rocklinux.org