[sane-devel] Re: ScanJet 7450C, avision-2003-02-08-1127-sane-1.0.10.patch, Redhat 8.0 - inverted images

TomF TomF@sjpc.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:51:43 -0800

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:06:27 -0800
TomF <TomF@sjpc.org> wrote:

> xsane worked, but also produced negative images.  I was thrashing
> around trying to get sane working before I found out about the patch,
> and I may have changed something and forgot to record the change.
>
> It looks like I need a tutorial that describes how to pruduce plain
> black and white images.  Where could I find one?

I found http://www.xsane.org/doc/sane-xsane-doc.html and learned what
line-art mode means.  When I scanned in line-art, I got the positive
black and white image that I wanted.

However, the black/white threshold does not look right, and I could not
find a way to adjust it.  The doc file mentions enhancement options, but
I could not find a way to set the options to make the threshold
adjustable.  I executed scanimage --help -d avision:/dev/scanner, but
found no options which appear to be related to the black/white
threshold.

Is there any way to do this?