[sane-devel] mac osx: cannot build scanimage

Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:41:19 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 10:04:48PM +0900, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> Yes, it is because you have a libdl somewhere, but that is not part of
> the standard OS distribution. sane-backends builds fine if there is no
> libdl. Perhaps the code should be changed to be
>
> #if defined(HAVE_DLOPEN) && defined(HAVE_DLFCN_H) &&
> !defined(HAVE_NSLINKMODULE)
> #define USE_DLOPEN 1
> #endif

I think I have found a more simple solution: in configure
(acinclude.m4) do the check for MacOS X first and only if it wasn't
found, check for libdl/dlopen/dlfcn.h.

An updated configure script is at
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/tmp/configure and in CVS.

There is also a complete unofficial snapshot at
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/snapshots/

Please, MacOS X users, test if it works with and without libdl.