[sane-devel] [INFO] gsmp.tfh-berlin.de / drocklinux.dyndns.org Server

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:54:38 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

As many people already noticed the server for:
  GSMP - General Sound Manipulation Program
  SANE/Avision - Scanner Access Now Easy - The Avision backend
  (d)ROCK Linux - A distribution build-kit - Desktop variant

was off-line for some days. The server is now online, again.

It was not only the faulty IBM DLTA disks, but also someone stupid
changed the switch configuration so our server was without network
connection.

Hardware: =

  I also updated the hardware, instead of the old 120 Mhz
  P54-C now an 350 Mhz AMD K6-2 is doing the job.

Disk space:

  Since the IBM hard-disk starts to accumulate bad-blocks I replaced
  it with two Seagate and one old IBM disk running in RAID mode, until
  the dedicated disk is back from RMA. (If s.o. needs to know the
  exact space configuration simply ssh into it, the old accounts are
  restored).

Services:

  Since the lack of time today, only Apache (but updated to the latest
  2.0 version) and ssh are running. Read-only FTP, rsync and the other
  services will be restored the next days.

Internet connection:

  155 MBit/s

Content:

  The content is still rsyncing. The normal web-space and the home
  directories are restored. The various (d)ROCK Linux images are
  synced back over the night.

Much fun,
- Ren=E9

--  =