[sane-devel] OS/2 device driver for HP7450C

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:55:38 +0100 (CET)

On: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:27:35 +0100,
    Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> =

> On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 10:13:20AM -0800, Ron Cemer wrote:
> [SCSI-over-USB]
> > I'm already working on this in the fujitsu driver.  I've almost got=
ten =

> > it working.  Fujitsu is supposed to get back to me with the specs o=
n the =

> > chip that they're using to do the USB and SCSI interface.  After I =
get =

> > it working, you can probably use the same technique for any other =

> > scanners which have both a SCSI and a USB interface.
> =

> If it's really the same scheme for all scanners, I propose to write a=

> sanei/sanei_uos.c (usb ober scsi) file and provide an interface
> similar to sanei_scsi.c. So SANE backends can use SCSI and USB
> scanners without much change.

Interesting - I'll also take a look into the hpusbscsi driver - since
the hpusbscsi is rather touchy it would be nice to have a user-space
only solution.

> Bye,
>   Henning

- Ren=E9