[sane-devel] Fujitsu USB scanner support working!

Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:47:48 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 09:51:19AM -0800, Ron Cemer wrote:
> >That's not really "standard" but I'll comment on this later.
> >

> I was trying to do it the way that the epson does it (e.g. "usb
> /dev/usb/scanner0" in the .conf file).  Not sure whether that's the best
> approach, but that got me going initially.

I think it's ok. The epson backend checks for "usb vendor product" and
calls sanei_usb_attach_matching_devices if it find such a line.
Otherwise it checks for "usb" and calls attach for the device name. If
it's not "usb", it calls sanei_config_attach_matching_devices(line,
attach_one);

> Not yet, but I will now.  I didn't really know who to get in touch
> with.  Thanks for letting me know!

I just copied the address from AUTHORS, I hope it's still valid.

> >Please also have a look at the coding style, indent should be able to
> >"fix" that.
> >

> Do you have a list of args you like to run indent with?

None :-) Or to be exact, indent -gnu, but that's the default.

There are some more tips in doc/backend-writing.txt. Even if most of
them won't be importatnt for you, some may give some hints.

> >A manpage update and an updated doc/descriptions/fujitsu.desc file
> >would be also nice. But I guess the maintainer can du that :-)
> >

> I'm not sure how to update the manpage, but I can surely update the
> doc/descriptions/fujitsu.desc file.

cd doc/, edit sane-fujitsu.man, run make ; make install, check the
result :-) If you want to understand what you are doing, read man 7 man.