[sane-devel] wrong colors

Karsten Festag karsten.festag@gmx.de
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:54:04 +0100 (MET)

Hi,
> Hi Karsten,
>
> Am Mon, 2003-02-10 um 23.07 schrieb Karsten Festag:
> > Hi Christoph,
> >
> > Is it a SCSI or USB (or parport?) scannner, if SCSI: what adapter card
> ?
>
> SCSI with Adaptec AHA2940
there should be no problem.

> > What SANE version do you use?
>
> Seems to be 1.0.7 SuSE
>
> > could you please send me a logfile (look into the sane-microtek2
> manpage for
> > instructions how to do that)?
>
> I tried to get an error-log (option dump 4 in microtek2.conf), but i
> can't find any log

...you didn't forget 'export SANE_DEBUG_MICROTEK2=30' (or 100) before
running scanimage from the same terminal?
Is scanimage driving the scanner and producing an image?
Is there possibly more than one installation of SANE? Make sure there's only
one!

> > I'm not sure, it might be a data transfer problem but as well a bug in
> the
> > software. There are no wrong placed pixels in the image, only the
> colors are
> > swappped?
>
> Only colors swapped. The pixel seems to be all ok, only wrong colors.
Then it shouldn't be a data transfer problem.

> When I stop xsane, and start it again an do a preview without any
> changings e.g. of format all is ok. Now I change the scan /
> preview-area, and sometimes the colors are ok, and sometimes not ok. I
> tried it out with paper-pictures and color-negatives using lightlid-35.
>
> The scanner is connected to my server, but xsane must run on my desktop,
> because there is only in the server a hostadapter, and my desktop does
> not work very well with this adapter.
>
> Christoph

I'm away until 20th of Feb. It would be helpful if you could manage to
create a logfile from a good scan and one from a bad scan. I will have a look when
I'm back.

Nice weekend!

Karsten