[sane-devel] EPSON-Scanner GT-9000 (SCSI)

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 17:04:01 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 03:43:49PM +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:
> having problems to use the Epson SCSI Scanner
>
>         GT-9000
>
> in RedHat Linux 7.3

That's which version of SANE? (scanimage --version)

> Using "sane-find-scanner" finds the scanner, but when starting
> xsane, I get the message "no scanner found".

Please show the output of sane-find-scanner.

> Looking at the list of supported devices, I did not find
> the Epson GT-9000 (SCSI), but I'm sure that in older RedHat
> versions this scanner was usable !!

The list for 1.0.11 seems to list only the parport version of this
scanner. And the Epson backend homepage has the same information.

Please show us the output of

SANE_DEBUG_EPSON=255 scanimage -L

Maybe the epson backend maintainer finds out more with this information.