[sane-devel] Brother MFC 6800

Mon, 17 Feb 2003 21:51:14 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 10:40:03AM -0500, Fernando Trias wrote:
> Second, kernel_get_vendor_product() is unable to get the Vendor and
> Product ids. The calls to ioctl() all fail.

Which kernel version do you use? Devices with more than one interface
should work since 2.4.21-pre3.

You can also get an updated scanner driver from
http://www.meier-geinitz.de/kernel/ .

> So even if I create a link in /dev/usb/scanner (or whatever), I can't
> get it identified.

Is your device deteceted at all? I.e. is it listed in
/proc/bus/usb/devices and has a line I: ... driver=usbscanner? Is it
found by sane-find-scanner together with its ids?

Please show us the output of cat /proc/bus/usb/devices and
sane-find-scanner.