[sane-devel] Microtek E3 SCSI scanner under Mandrake 9.0

Matto Marjanovic maddog@mir.com
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:50:23 -0500

 >with Mandrake 9.0.  Anyway, the scanner is recognized under xsane just
 >fine and works almost well, except that it only scans 11" {letter size}
 >area.  This is a 13" scanner that support {legal size}.  It won't let me
 >change the setting past ~11-1/2" in height.  Is there a way to make the
 >scanner scan the whole legal size area?

Hiya,

It's a bug (in the way that the scanner identifies itself, actually)
 that will be fixed in the next SANE release.  (I didn't wake up to it
 until the current release was already in code-freeze.)  If you want,
 I can send you a tiny sourcecode patch that will workarond it in the
 meantime.

-matt m.