[sane-devel] Slightly off topic, but somewhat germain

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:34:46 -0500

Greets everyone;

I come asking for assistance in a rather perplexing problem.

First, system is RH8.0, with most updates, kernel is 2.4.21-pre3,
kde3.1, gimp, sane, xsane, gimp-print, foomatic, and cups all built
from tar-balls.

Problem:  I have a digital camera, an Olympus C3020.  It mounts as a
vfat filesystem disk device, normally /dev/sda1, but is usb
interface based.  I have all the usb stuff compiled into the
kernel.

If its turned on, and has not been mounted in this uptime session,
even xsane finds it when started.  I'm not sure it knows what to do
with it, but it finds it.

I can mount it once per reboot.  If I then unmount it, take it away,
go take a couple of pix and bring it back, before I can re-mount
it, I must reboot.  It doesn't matter if its plugged in and turned
on when the reboot is done, just that I've got to reboot before I
can remount it to read the next pix.

Is this a known kernel code usb problem?

And is there a fix?

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M