[sane-devel] Slightly off topic, but somewhat germain

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 17:37:09 -0500

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 05:45 am, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 04:34:46PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> Problem:  I have a digital camera, an Olympus C3020.  It mounts
>> as a vfat filesystem disk device, normally /dev/sda1, but is usb
>> interface based.  I have all the usb stuff compiled into the
>> kernel.
>>
>> If its turned on, and has not been mounted in this uptime
>> session, even xsane finds it when started.  I'm not sure it
>> knows what to do with it, but it finds it.
>
>How is it detected? As a gphoto2 device? What does scanimage -L
> show?
>
>> I can mount it once per reboot.  If I then unmount it, take it
>> away, go take a couple of pix and bring it back, before I can
>> re-mount it, I must reboot.  It doesn't matter if its plugged in
>> and turned on when the reboot is done, just that I've got to
>> reboot before I can remount it to read the next pix.
>>
>> Is this a known kernel code usb problem?
>
>There have been some reports about problems with USB mass-storage.
>Please have a look at the archive of linux-usb-users (and maybe
>linux-usb-devel). See http://www.linux-usb.org for these mailing
>lists. If you don't find anything, write to linux-usb-users.
> Provide as many details as possible (cat /proc/bus/usb/devices,
> kernel messages and when they do happen (plug-in, mount,
> umount)).
>
>Bye,
>  Henning

Thanks Henning.  I'll try to remember that the next time it happens.
For some strange reason, it working quite well ATM, and I have NDI
what I might have done right for a change.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M