[sane-devel] Restarting scanner

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:05:24 -0500

On Sat February 22 2003 13:48, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 01:19:29PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sat February 22 2003 08:37, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>> >This will go away once you update to Linux 2.4.21-pre4 or newer
>> >
>> > :-)
>>
>> As I've been running 2.4.21-pre3 for quite a while, is there
>> something in -pre4 that will fix my occasional usb reconnect
>> problems?
>
>Can you explain that in more detail? Is it related to the scanner
>driver or USB in general?
>
>The chnages to the scanner driver are listed here:
>http://www.meier-geinitz.de/kernel/
>
>> Actually, I'm wondering whats happened to 2.4.21, there's been
>> little if any motion there for several weeks now.
>
>Someone already asked on linux-kernel about that. Maybe Marcello
>burned out?

Dunno.  I'd heard he was getting married & that always makes for
reduced "time to hack" adjustments.  But, at his tender age, one
really has no choice, but *must* take care of the "homework".  I
remember those days, faintly now that several decades have passed,
but fondly. :-)

I just did get his -pre4, and Alans -pre4-ac5 patches, so I might
experiment a bit.  My problems, when they pop up, seem to be more
usb than scanner.  Until recently I've had to reboot in order for
it to re-recognize my camera, which uses the usb_storage module for
access, making it look like a vfat file system.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M