[sane-devel] HP5400 backend progress

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 00:16:36 +1100

--L6iaP+gRLNZHKoI4

Well, I've got the color correction stuff in there (to fix where the R, G &
B come in not next to eachother). And I've put a prototype SANE backend in.
It'll build a .so which you can symlink into the right place. xscanimage
finds the .so, loads it and calls sane_init but never calls sane_get_devices
before bailing out saying it can't find any scanners.

I've havn't looked too much into that since I've been rearranging the code
to make it work the way SANE wants it to. It seems to be doing OK but I have
a sneaking suspicion I've been spending too many late nights on it. I may
need to step back for a day or two to get some rest so I can think properly
again.

If someone with some backend experience and hopefully an appropriate scanner
can look over the sane-hp5400.c to see if I've missed anything obvious,
that'd be great.

As usual, you can grab the code from http://svana.org/kleptog/hp5470/. Maybe
it's time to upload it to that sourceforge project for this. Anyone know how
to do that?
--=20
> Support bacteria! They're the only culture some people have.

--L6iaP+gRLNZHKoI4

--L6iaP+gRLNZHKoI4--