[sane-devel] Linux 2.5.62

Tue, 25 Feb 2003 17:35:01 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 04:36:12PM +0100, Stian Jordet wrote:
> Tadaa, the dynamic minors were the problem. Disabling that, and
> everything works. Sorry for the noise, and thanks for your patience.

I can confirm your observation. Dynamic minors without devfs doesn't
work. Neither with libusb nor kernel scanner driver. However, I don't
get the message that the scanner is detected at scanner1, for me it's
still scanner0.

All other combinations seem to work (devfs with dynamic minors, devfs
without dynamic minors,  no devfs + no dynamic minors).

I'll ask linux-usb-devel if this is a know issue.